Thursday, January 9, 2014

Yay! Handmade Greeting Cards






These are some easy cards I made to donate. When I saw the "Yay" on Kristina Werner's blog I knew it would be perfect to use on some of the backgrounds I have been stockpiling. Kristina had been inspired by a card she saw on Emily Ley's site. Kristina's background is a diagonal design made by a different technique.

Yay seems like a great lead in for all kinds of greetings. In this case, the inside reads "It's your birthday!" But it works for "it's your anniversary", "you're a graduate", "you're retired", "your baby is here!", "you have a new house", "you have a new job" and more.

I had been making the backgrounds with decorative washi tape while watching (or listening) to TV. I like clean and simple cards and these backgrounds are easy. My vast collection of washi tape yields lots of combinations. I've done the technique with paper scraps too but the washi tape eliminates the adhesive application step which is perfect for a lazy person like me.

The colors in my photos are a little off. Natural light and my apartment are not friends. I had to resort to a weird little spot outside. But you get the idea I'm sure.

I'm planning to send off a package of cards to Splashes of Joy. Their mission is to help ill or homebound people. Most of their services are more hands on but they also accept handmade cards to send or give to the people they serve.

Morning temperature: 22 degrees
Morning steps: 4294

No comments:

Post a Comment