Tuesday, January 7, 2014

New York Cares Coat Drive

Booties for the puppy and boots for his dad

This morning the temperature broke the previous 1896 low record by 2 degrees. Seems like the perfect cold morning to report on my "Be charitable" effort.

I took that $20 bill that I found in the street and put it towards the purchase of a coat for the New York Cares Coat Drive.

The Coat Drive accepts new and used coats until February 7 and has requests from various organizations for 107,000 coats this winter. I had heard before Christmas that they were behind in reaching their goals. They attributed this to, perhaps, SuperStorm Sandy. After this storm devastated the area New Yorkers dug deep into their closets for coats to meet the huge needs.

My closet yielded nothing but ratty winter coats so I looked for some post holiday sales. New York Cares Coat Drive also has links on Amazon and Target websites where you can purchase a coat to be sent directly to the Drive's warehouse.

Share the warmth!


Morning weather: 5 degrees (feels like -16)
Morning steps: 2494

No comments:

Post a Comment