Thursday, January 2, 2014

Cards & Mail


This is a New Year postcard that I sent some of my crafty friends. Paint splattered book pages, punched numbers and some washi tape from my vast collection.

I love getting mail...that's real mail, of course, not bills and junk. I still send cards but I admit to not writing as many letters as I used to write. It's SO much easier to type up an email. Typing is especially addictive to someone who HATES to have to cross out a mistake and have an ugly spot in the letter!

I have not purchased a greeting card since 1996. I remember standing in the pre-1996 greeting card displays reading cards for hours to find the perfect one. Now I pull out some rubber stamps and cardstock and make my own. And, although buying supplies is fun (and gets out of hand sometimes) I think my investment has paid off over the last 18 years!

Making cards is also a way that I donate to various causes. I've sent cards to deployed military personnel through Operation Write Home and to various other card drives for nursing home residents, seriously ill children and other organizations that I find listed in Cardmaker magazine. I'm also happy to send cards to my mom who sends them out to members of her church who are unable to attend services.

Morning temperature: 28 degrees (feels like 19)
Morning steps: 6363

No comments:

Post a Comment