Monday, June 2, 2014

Bagless

A BIG barge on the river
I'm known for carrying one or two reusable totebags at all times. I have a huge collection of them though I stick to a few favorites. But still from time to time I acquire a plastic grocery bag. Sometimes it's not worth arguing with store clerks more than a couple times in one conversation and I end up taking one. I've taken groceries out of the plastic bag only to see the clerk throw the bag away. I can't have that! At least, the bag needs to be used several times before it is tossed or recycled!

And sometimes other people give me a plastic bag with some item they think I should have. I've been known to rescue bags that people were about to throw in the trash. The point is that I still accumulate plastic bags even though I do my best to avoid taking one. I use those bags when I need to protect something from rain, as a double layer leak protection and sometimes for trash bags...always trying to get several uses from it.

This weekend I achieved a major goal. I used up the last bag in my bag collection! I don't remember that EVER happening! Of course, that's good news bad news. When I wanted to double wrap my compost this morning for the trip to the compost drop off I was out of luck!

Morning temperature: 60 degrees
Morning steps: 6324

No comments:

Post a Comment