Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day



Happy Mother's Day to my mom and all the other moms out there.
It's a tough job but someone has to do it!
 
 
Ancestry.com sent me email saying they had found some fun facts about some of the mothers in my family tree.
 
The email said my 4th great grandmother was the youngest mother. She had her first child at age 10. Oh, oh! I think I have a little research to do. Checking my tree I see that she is from a branch I haven't yet verified. She was born in 1740 in Virginia and it looks like it was twins at age 10! But I'm still not believing it!
 
Then they wanted to tell me which ancestor had the longest span between first and last child. That apparently is my 8th great grandmother who had her first child at age 19 and her last at 97! We have some great longevity genes in the family but I'm guessing there's a little mix up there too.
 
I later looked her up and she was born in 1650 in Virginia,was married at 23 and died at 53 so that's not working out for me. 
 
But I do kind of like those stories! Times were tough in the old days!


No comments:

Post a Comment