Monday, February 3, 2014

It's Snowing Again



When I went out this morning I knew by the local weather report that it had been snowing about an hour. There was some accumulation and it was a wet snow and coming down fast. After my walk I came home wet & bedraggled. My coat and boots are going to take awhile to dry out.

Saturday I headed over to a friend's apartment for an evening soiree. Unfortunately for me the location was just off Times Square. I had to walk through 3 blocks of the Super Bowl Boulevard. I have seen movies with shots of New Yorkers crowded shoulder to shoulder on subway platforms and sidewalks but that is mostly exaggeration. Saturday it was real!

The sidewalks were packed with pedestrians...shoulder to shoulder...front to back. We shuffled along, came to a standstill and then we shuffled along again. No way to turn around or get out of the pack. Yes, it was claustrophobic! At the crosswalks, law enforcement was holding back crowds of people who were not planning to let cars take their turns.

It was funny to discover that during the period of shuffling instead of walking my pedometer couldn't even register steps!

Morning temperature: 33 degrees (felt like 24)
Morning steps: 6338

No comments:

Post a Comment