Monday, July 1, 2013

Morning Walk #41 - Stuyvesant Park




74 degrees, gray and, yes, still humid

Another Monday with people looking sorry to greet it (even with a holiday looming)

The Pride parade route looks pretty cleaned up with stacks of barricades ready to be picked up...though some side streets have accumulated more than the usual amount of litter

There are fewer squirrels in Stuyvesant Park than Union Square Park and fewer passersby also...maybe the neighborhood is on vacation already

A woman with an upswept hairdo wearing a white tank top and long peach skirt looks cool while she sits on a bench and talks on the phone.  She passes by me when she finishes her long call and I see the large tattoo of the comedy and tragedy masks on her neck

I think of the 1890's photos I've seen with women in long sleeved shirts and long skirts throughout the summer.  Modesty prevented cooler clothes and probably contributed to fainting spells.  And now even the women who have most skin covered are wearing skin tight clothes that leave little to the imagination

I stop at the GreenMarket to dump my compost.  A man peers in the compost barrels and then pulls out a professional looking camera with a serious lens for a compost photo shoot

In store windows I see the reflection of my humidity influenced (scary) hairdo


Steps: 7683

No comments:

Post a Comment