Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Morning Walk #27 - Hudson Riverwalk

Along the Hudson


68 degrees, humid and cloudy with bits of blue sky peeking out

I had expected rain so the weather is a bonus

I head off in the direction that I used to walk to work...for the first time on my morning walk

Two guys in green plaid kilts, gray t-shirts and heavy backpacking backpacks - one wearing flip flops

The 1845 Saint Columba Church with its school (now closed) which had clearly marked separate entrances for Girls and Boys

Breezy and sunny on the Hudson

A little freaked out that my phone thinks I'm in Hoboken when I'm on the riverwalk

A man asks if I'd like to go for a swim

Walking back by Chelsea Piers, I always expect it to be busier with early morning athletics

The former National Biscuit Company (Nabisco) early 1900's manufacturing plant where Fig Newtons and Oreos among others were born - now it houses Chelsea Market, the Food Network and NY1

Steps: 6656

No comments:

Post a Comment