Thursday, March 27, 2014

These Shoes Were Made for Walking




Eleven months ago I started taking a walk every weekday morning. On rare occasions the morning walk happened in the afternoon when I knew I had a bit of a walk ahead of me for some appointment but 99% of the time it was a walk in the morning.

The shoes pictured above are my first casualties. Other than wearing boots in the winter these shoes were usually my footwear of choice. I didn't notice that they were getting so worn till they were pretty far gone. Only my shoe inserts were keeping my bare heels from touching the pavement. Once I noticed the wear I became more aware of my alignment being off kilter.

These shoes did the trick. They were advertised as walking shoes and that's what they did. Elastic laces kept them on my feet and snug enough to prevent my feet from sliding inside. Unfortunately I was not able to find the same style in an appropriate width so I'm trying something new.

Goodbye dear shoes. You have served me well.

Morning temperature: 22 degrees
Morning steps: 5343

No comments:

Post a Comment