Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Themes

Words of Wisdom from Haven's Kitchen


I have a subscription to Food Network Magazine as well as Everyday with Rachael Ray. Sometimes I'm not sure why I have those subscriptions because I don't cook real stuff all that often and a publication about all about "Rach" and her good buddies is sometimes annoying.

But here's the comment I intended to make somewhere along the way. Recent issues of both magazines were themes. I discovered I don't like theme issues. Even if I enjoy the theme I like a little more variety and if I don't like the theme...that's a big waste of paper!

Food Network Magazine was featuring BACON. I like bacon. I don't eat strips of bacon often but I think it's even better as an addition to various recipes...a little in the pasta or the salad is good. I am not a crazed bacon fan. I don't need bacon in my chocolate chip cookies, chocolate cupcakes or lollipops

Everyday with Rachael Ray was celebrating BREAKFAST. I like breakfast. I rarely cook much more than oatmeal but I like eating breakfast at a restaurant. My problem with eating out for breakfast is savory or sweet? I kinda like both. If I have eggs I have to have toast but in a combo breakfast of say, eggs and pancakes...you don't get the toast. I see the point of that but how can I have eggs without toast?

I want to order adventurous items but I'm a sucker for the usual breakfast foods.

And I like variety in my magazine issues.

Morning temperature: 14 degrees (felt like 5)
Morning steps: 8905

No comments:

Post a Comment