Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Is Spring Around the Corner?

 
I love the pussy willows...even if I couldn't seem to get them in focus!



 

St. Patrick's Day is over and Spring is sneaking up on us. It's still cold yet it feels and looks like spring is coming. I'm not ruling out some more snow before the end of the season (though I hope it's over).

 
This morning on the High Line the landscapers were cutting back the brown tall grasses in preparation for the spring planting. In one lawn area, there seemed to be white crocuses (croci?) popping up. This is weird because it's cold but also because they aren't normally planted in a scatter pattern across a lawn. I'll have to keep my eye on them!
 
There was more early morning traffic on the High Line also...even though it was still only 28 degrees.
 
I stopped at the grocery store on my way home. I've usually been there earlier or much later. Today I was there in time to see the construction workers ordering sandwiches from the store's deli. It was still too early for lunch but apparently these guys stop in to buy their lunches on the way to work. I should check to see if the sandwiches are cheaper than a regular deli. It could just be a convenient location to the work site.
 
Morning temperature: 28 degrees
Morning steps: 7026

No comments:

Post a Comment