Sunday, July 13, 2014

Full Moon



I don't have very good luck photographing the moon. It would probably help if I took a tripod and planned my photography.

Last night there was a huge full moon. The kind where you can see all the darker areas on the moon and like I say...it was huge. I saw it while I was walking home. It was a perfect sight as I walked up my street and I stopped several times just to stare at it.

Then I went upstairs to my apartment and dropped off the stuff I was carrying. By the time I got downstairs to the street again (I swear it was only 10 to 15 minutes)...the moon was no longer visible on my street. It makes me dizzy just thinking about the earth turning that fast!

I had to walk 3 blocks to get another view of it. This is the only somewhat decent photo I was able to get although it comes nowhere close to capturing what I was seeing...and I feel like it also got smaller by the time I found it again!

Seems like I'm always caught between the moon and New York City. I know it's crazy but it's true... (song lyrics).

No comments:

Post a Comment